[meteorite-list] "I know it has to be from space.....

From: John Gwilliam <jkgdiver_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:49:02 2004

--=====================_1941488==_.ALT

I know many of you can relate to the email I've copied below. Several
times a year, I am contacted by people who are sure they have found a
meteorite. Sometimes I'm frustrated, but usually I'm amused.

After a year of talking by phone, this guy finally sent me the results of a
chemical analysis performed by a university in the Midwest. After
reviewing his report, I tried to gently break him the news that his
"meteorite" was probably slag.

Here is his reply.

John
I will be getting in touch with my brother to let him know that I will be
sending him the rock that came from space,just kidding.I know it has to be
from space and would just like to know what it could be. I know when we
found it laying there that morning it smelled of pure sulfer.I know when I
picked it up that morning my wife was afraid I would get infected
from the oder.I will have Jerry bring it down to you and then you can see
the big piece of metal in it.I know it can't be a peice of slag because I
know it came from space because of where I found it, by my swimmimg pool in
the limestone.I will be getting in touch with him ASAP. Thanks John

Regards,

John Gwilliam

John Gwilliam Meteorites
PO Box 26854
Tempe AZ 85285
http://www.meteoriteimpact.com
--=====================_1941488==_.ALT

I know many of you can relate to the email I've copied below.&nbsp;
Several times a year, I am contacted by people who are sure they have
found a meteorite.&nbsp; Sometimes I'm frustrated, but usually I'm
amused.<br>
After a year of talking by phone, this guy finally sent me the results of
a chemical analysis performed by a university in the Midwest.&nbsp; After
reviewing his report, I tried to gently break him the news that his
&quot;meteorite&quot; was probably slag.<br>
Here is his reply.<br>
====================================================================&nbsp;
John <br>
I will be getting in touch with my brother to let him know that I will be
sending him the rock that came from space,just kidding.I know it has to
be from space and would<font face="Times New Roman, Times"> just like to
know what it could be. I know when we found it laying there that morning
it smelled of pure sulfer.I know when I picked it up that morning my wife
was afraid I would get infected <br>
from the oder.I will have Jerry bring it down to you and then you can see
the big piece of metal in it.I know it can't be a peice of slag because I
know it came from space because of where I found it, by my swimmimg pool
in the limestone.I will be getting in touch with him ASAP. Thanks John
Regards,<br>
John Gwilliam<br>