[meteorite-list] I wanted to share a note from a friend.

From: Michael Casper <Michael_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:49:03 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C145D0.F23BBD40

I wanted to share a note from a friend.

  MC

"I just wanted to drop you all a note and let
 you know that I arrived
 safe and sound into Dulles Airport tonight
 [9/15] at about 6:00. It was an interesting flight.
=20
  The airport in Denver was almost spooky, it was
 so empty and quiet. No one
 was in line for the security check point when I
 got there so that went fairly quickly, just x-ray of my bags and then
 a chemical test to be sure nothing explosive was on them.
=20
  Then I waited 2 1/2 hours to board the plane.
 What happened after we boarded was interesting and thought
 I would share it with you.
=20
 The pilot/captain came on the loudspeaker after
 the doors were closed. His speech went like this:
 First I want to thank you for being brave
 enough to fly today. The doors are
 now closed and we have no help from the outside
 for any problems that might occur inside this plane.
 As you could tell when you checked in, the
 government has made some changes to increase security in
 the airports. They have not, however, made any rules about
 what happens after those doors close. Until they do that, we
 have made our own rules and I want to share
 them with you. Once those doors close, we only
 have each other.
 The security has taken care of a threat like
 guns with all of the increased scanning, etc. Then we have the
 supposed bomb.
 If you have a bomb, there is no need to tell me about it, or anyone =
else on
 this plane; you are already in control. So, for this flight, there are =
no
 bombs that exist on this plane.
 Now, the threats that are left are things like plastics, wood, knives, =
and
 other weapons that can be made or things like that which can be used as
 weapons.
 Here is our plan and our rules. If someone or several people stand up =
and
 say they are hijacking this plane, I want you all to stand up together. =
Then
 take whatever you have available to you and throw it at them. Throw it =
at
 their faces and heads so they will have to raise their hands to protect
 themselves. The very best protection you have against knives are the =
pillows
 and
 blankets. Whoever is close to these people should then try to get a =
blanket
 over
 their head--then they won't be able to see. Once that is done, get them =
down
 and
 keep them there. Do not let them up. I will then land the plane at the
 closest
 place and we WILL take care of them.
=20
 After all, there are usually only a few of them and we are 200+ strong!
 We will not allow them to take over this plane.
 I find it interesting that the US Constitution
 begins with the words "We, the people"--that's who we are, THE people =
and
 we will not be defeated. With that, the passengers on the plane all
 began to applaud, people had tears in their eyes, and we began the trip
 toward the runway. The flight attendant then began the safety
 speech. One of the things she said is that we are all so busy and live =
our
 lives
 at such a fast pace. She asked that everyone turn to their neighbors on
 either
 side and introduce themselves, tell each other something about your =
families
 and children, show pictures, whatever. She said "for today, we consider =
you
 family. We will treat you as such and ask that you do the same with =
us."
 Throughout the flight we learned that for the crew, this was their =
first
 flight since Tuesday's tragedies. It was a day that everyone leaned on
 each other and together everyone was stronger than any one person =
alone. It
 was quite an experience.
=20
 You can imagine the feeling when that plane touched down at Dulles and =
we
 heard "welcome to Washington Dulles Airport, where the local time is
 5:40". Again, the cabin was filled with applause.
 Last night I saw a program with college students where one of them said =
that
 at their campus there are no more hyphenated titles, i.e., =
African-American,
 etc., everyone is just an American. No one will ever be able to take =
that
 pride
 away from us. "

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C145D0.F23BBD40

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I wanted to share a note from a=20
friend.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp; MC</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"I just wanted to drop you all a note =
and=20
let<BR>&nbsp;you know that I arrived<BR>&nbsp;safe and sound into Dulles =
Airport=20
tonight<BR>&nbsp;[9/15] at about 6:00. It was an interesting=20
flight.<BR>&nbsp;<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;The airport in Denver was almost =
spooky, it=20
was<BR>&nbsp;so empty and quiet. No one<BR>&nbsp;was in line for the =
security=20
check point when I<BR>&nbsp;got there so that went fairly quickly, just =
x-ray of=20
my bags and then<BR>&nbsp;a chemical test to be sure nothing explosive =
was on=20
them.<BR>&nbsp;<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;Then I waited 2 1/2 hours to board the=20
plane.<BR>&nbsp;What happened after we boarded was interesting and=20
thought<BR>&nbsp;I would share it with you.<BR>&nbsp;<BR>&nbsp;The =
pilot/captain=20
came on the loudspeaker after<BR>&nbsp;the doors were closed. His speech =
went=20
like this:<BR>&nbsp;First I want to thank you for being =
brave<BR>&nbsp;enough to=20
fly today. The doors are<BR>&nbsp;now closed and we have no help from =
the=20
outside<BR>&nbsp;for any problems that might occur inside this=20
plane.<BR>&nbsp;As you could tell when you checked in, =
the<BR>&nbsp;government=20
has made some changes to increase security in<BR>&nbsp;the airports. =
They have=20
not, however, made any rules about<BR>&nbsp;what happens after those =
doors=20
close. Until they do that, we<BR>&nbsp;have made our own rules and I =
want to=20
share<BR>&nbsp;them with you. Once those doors close, we =
only<BR>&nbsp;have each=20
other.<BR>&nbsp;The security has taken care of a threat =
like<BR>&nbsp;guns with=20
all of the increased scanning, etc. Then we have the<BR>&nbsp;supposed=20
bomb.<BR>&nbsp;If you have a bomb, there is no need to tell me about it, =
or=20
anyone else on<BR>&nbsp;this plane; you are already in control. So, for =
this=20
flight, there are no<BR>&nbsp;bombs that exist on this =
plane.<BR>&nbsp;Now, the=20
threats that are left are things like plastics, wood, knives, =
and<BR>&nbsp;other=20
weapons that can be made or things like that which can be used=20
as<BR>&nbsp;weapons.<BR>&nbsp;Here is our plan and our rules. If someone =
or=20
several people stand up and<BR>&nbsp;say they are hijacking this plane, =
I want=20
you all to stand up together. Then<BR>&nbsp;take whatever you have =
available to=20
you and throw it at them. Throw it at<BR>&nbsp;their faces and heads so =
they=20
will have to raise their hands to protect<BR>&nbsp;themselves. The very =
best=20
protection you have against knives are the=20
pillows<BR>&nbsp;and<BR>&nbsp;blankets. Whoever is close to these people =
should=20
then try to get a blanket<BR>&nbsp;over<BR>&nbsp;their head--then they =
won't be=20
able to see. Once that is done, get them down<BR>&nbsp;and<BR>&nbsp;keep =
them=20
there. Do not let them up. I will then land the plane at=20
the<BR>&nbsp;closest<BR>&nbsp;place and we WILL take care of=20
them.<BR>&nbsp;<BR>&nbsp;After all, there are usually only a few of them =
and we=20
are 200+ strong!<BR>&nbsp;We will not allow them to take over this=20
plane.<BR>&nbsp;I find it interesting that the US =
Constitution<BR>&nbsp;begins=20
with the words "We, the people"--that's who we are, THE people =
and<BR>&nbsp;we=20
will not be defeated. With that, the passengers on the plane =
all<BR>&nbsp;began=20
to applaud, people had tears in their eyes, and we began the=20
trip<BR>&nbsp;toward the runway. The flight attendant then began the=20
safety<BR>&nbsp;speech. One of the things she said is that we are all so =
busy=20
and live our<BR>&nbsp;lives<BR>&nbsp;at such a fast pace. She asked that =

everyone turn to their neighbors on<BR>&nbsp;either<BR>&nbsp;side and =
introduce=20
themselves, tell each other something about your families<BR>&nbsp;and =
children,=20
show pictures, whatever. She said "for today, we consider =
you<BR>&nbsp;family.=20
We will treat you as such and ask that you do the same with=20
us."<BR>&nbsp;Throughout the flight we learned that for the crew, this =
was their=20
first<BR>&nbsp;flight since Tuesday's tragedies. It was a day that =
everyone=20
leaned on<BR>&nbsp;each other and together everyone was stronger than =
any one=20
person alone. It<BR>&nbsp;was quite an =
experience.<BR>&nbsp;<BR>&nbsp;You can=20
imagine the feeling when that plane touched down at Dulles and =
we<BR>&nbsp;heard=20
"welcome to Washington Dulles Airport, where the local time =
is<BR>&nbsp;5:40".=20
Again, the cabin was filled with applause.<BR>&nbsp;Last night I saw a =
program=20
with college students where one of them said that<BR>&nbsp;at their =
campus there=20
are no more hyphenated titles, i.e., African-American,<BR>&nbsp;etc., =
everyone=20
is just an American. No one will ever be able to take=20
that<BR>&nbsp;pride<BR>&nbsp;away from us. =
"<BR></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C145D0.F23BBD40--