[meteorite-list] Strange Lights In The Sky Baffle Residents Of Bavaria

From: Matteo Chinellato <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:24 2004

Hello all

The meteor has been seen also here from Italy
Regards

Matteo

--- Ron Baalke <baalke_at_zagami.jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

http://www.manilatimes.net/national/2002/apr/08/top_stories/20020408top9.html

> Strange lights in the sky baffle residents of
> Bavaria
> Reuters
> April 8, 2002
>
> MUNICH, Germany - Strange lights in the sky baffled
> Bavarians late on Saturday
> as hundreds of panicked callers jammed police
> telephone lines seeking an
> explanation for the phenomenon.
>
> Reports of an unsettling late-night natural light
> show came from all over
> the southern German state as well as the neighboring
> region of
> Baden-Wuerttemberg.
>
> Pilots flying into Munich airport radioed the
> control tower with reports of
> unusual lights in the sky.
>
> The German police said NASA scientists initially
> thought the light was
> caused by space junk - floating debris in the
> Earth's atmosphere - but later
> said they were still unsure.
>
> The German army reported no unusual movements on its
> radar.
>
> Scientists said the lights may have been the result
> of a meteor breaking
> through the Earth's atmosphere.
>
> "There are no signs of impact or damage. We can't
> say what it was," a
> police spokesman said.

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.com Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
MSN Messanger: spacerocks_at_hotmail.com
EBAY.COM:http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/mcomemeteorite_at_excite.it/