[meteorite-list] small fireball report

From: Tracy Latimer <tracyl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:24 2004

About 7 p.m. (shortly after dusk) my husband and I went out to try to see
Comet Ikeya-Zhang. NO luck; we've been having precipitation off and on
for the past 48 hours, but we did see a very bright meteor. It stayed up
almost directly overhead for about 30 seconds, like a parachute flare but
not drifting, before slowly dimming and going out. Unfortunately, "almost
directly overhead" will probably put it in the Molokai Channel, rather
than anyplace near me, if it survived at all :-/

Tracy Latimer