[meteorite-list] Classification of Chondrites

From: Martin Horejsi <martinh_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:24 2004

Hi Michael and all,

On page 88 of Norton's new book (CEoM) there is an excellent color
photograph of a Cole Creek thin section that when compared to the other
three images on the page, two type three images and a type 6 image, makes it
clear that while Cole Creek does have many chondrules, they are not of the
clarity of the lower numbers because the chondrules have gone through some
recrystalization and are not as clearly defined when compared to lower
numbers.

But you should know all this by now because it appears, in the fine print
anyway, that you provided the Cole Creek thin section to Mr. Norton in the
first place!

Cheers,

Martin