[meteorite-list] Re: Meteorite Pronunciation

From: mlangen_at_execpc.com <mlangen_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:24 2004

> Hi, List,

> The almost entire main mass of the "car-killer" (sorry, there was
> no dog in the car) lives in the Field Museum in Chicago. The
> whereabouts of the car is unknown.
>
> Sterling K. Webb

Sterling, and group:

Parts of the car (the perforated roof, the dented muffler and the seat
cushion where the meteorite was ultimately found) are still on display
at the Field Museum -- along with the holed portion of the garage
roof. In another interesting display, there are pieces of damaged
roofing and a twisted rain gutter from a house impact, although the
locality of that fall escapes me for the moment.

Mark Langenfeld
Madison, WI