[meteorite-list] Pallasite availability

From: Frank Prochaska <fprochas_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:24 2004

David, Martin and list,

Nineteen pallasites! Wow! I am a ways behind, but I'll post my list of
thirteen:

Admire
Ahumada
Albin
Brahin
Brenham
Esquel
Glorieta Mountain
Huckitta
Imilac
Molong
Philips County (thin section of olivine only)
Quijinique
Theil Mountains

I have also seen for sale at one time or another (since I got involved in
1988):

Acomita
Dora
Eagle Station
Finmarken
Krasnojarsk
Marjalahti
Sommervell County
Springwater

That would bring the list of reasonably possibles in a private collection to
21 pallasites. I also recall communicating with someone on this list in the
last year or so who told me that Mount Dyrring has been available, though I
have not seen that myself. That would be 22. Nineteen pallasites is very
impressive, and I do hope you post your list of localities.

Frank Prochaska