[meteorite-list] apology to Matteo

From: Dave Harris <entropydave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:25 2004

Hi Matteo,
sorry about the Wold Cottage auction - I tried to pull the auction 30 mins
before the end as the interest was far lower than I thought - I withdrew
your bid to find Rob Wesel was in there.
I have explained why I had in fact tried to withdraw the bid and I hope he
will be happy not to insist that he purchases the piece from me for only $1
So, I apologise - I do not like to do this sort of thing, indeed this is the
first time ever I've had to pull an auction - in fact I also pulled the
Nininger toilet for the same reason and I emailed him(or her) explaining my
reasons.
Very unprofessional and not the way auctions should be conducted, but they
were worth a lot more than a dollar to me and I hope you are not too
annoyed.
best regs
dave
--