[meteorite-list] Impact Garnets for Sale

From: Rob and Colleen <iguana_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:25 2004

Hello all-

I just picked up a small cache of abnormally large garnets that were
collected during the spring of 2002 from a remote locale 25 miles N.E.
of the Sudbury Astrobleme. They were found by Robert Szep while he was
doing field work in the area. These garnets are found along a fault
line which parallels the outer eastern extremities of the original
Sudbury Structure in Northern Ontario Canada which is one of the OLDEST
and LARGEST IMPACT
SITES on Earth. Huge Garnet gem stones have been highly prized by
members of countless cultures world wide for thousands of years . Not
only do the large size of these garnets make them interesting and
unusual, but these enormous dodecahedrons quite possibly have a
Meteorite Impact Genesis which puts them in a league of their own!

I have 6 very large ones for sale. They are nearing the size of a tennis
ball and are $65 each.
Then 15 the size of a small plum for $25 each or 3 for $60.
All take well to light and display a deep, decadent ruby red luster.

Follow the link to photos of these extraordinary pieces:
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/robandcolleen11197/lst?&.dir=/Garnets&.src=ph&.view=t&.last=1

Domestic shipping $4, worldwide $5, Italy by arrangement. First come,
first served. Thanks for looking.

--
Rob Wesel