[meteorite-list] Meteorites Hitting People/Animals

From: azaware <azaware_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:25 2004

Hi Bob

 I was just standing outside
 and on 2-28-02 something hit me. It stung pretty good.
 I was surprise it hurt because it felt really small when it hit. That
was so weird to feel something so small hit with such force. I
had two light shirts on and that didn't slow it down a bit. I took a magnet
 to the area right in front of me. Just running the mag about an inch above
 the ground. Looking thought the rocks I picked up this one piece stuck out
 right away. It weighs under a half grain. It looks to have a crust. I have
few pictures. Bob Haag looked at some picture and he said it looked like a
meteorite to him. Until now I never heard of a meteorite hitting anything
alive. Its ironic that I been really interested in searching for meteorites,
then one hits me.
How lucky could I get. Tucson lookout here I come.

 http://www.azdesertmountain.com/meteor1.jpg
 http://www.azdesertmountain.com/meteor15.jpg
http://www.azdesertmountain.com/meteor18.jpg

   Kim (Az)