[meteorite-list] Hole in the roof

From: LBrooks100_at_aol.com <LBrooks100_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:25 2004

--part1_195.5163446.29e5206a_boundary

Parts of the car (the perforated roof, the dented muffler and the seat
> cushion where the meteorite was ultimately found) are still on display
> at the Field Museum -- along with the holed portion of the garage
> roof. In another interesting display, there are pieces of damaged
> roofing and a twisted rain gutter from a house impact, although the
> locality of that fall escapes me for the moment.
>
> Mark Langenfeld

The Museum of Nature and Science in Denver has a hole caused by a meteorite
in the down of Canyon City Colorado...The meteorite was shattered on the
concrete floor of the garage. According to the story, a cat in the garage
although not hurt,, was never quite the same

Larry Brooks
Denver Colorado
.

--part1_195.5163446.29e5206a_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#3dffff"><FONT SIZE=2>Parts of the car (the perforated roof, the dented muffler and the seat<BR>
&gt; cushion where the meteorite was ultimately found) are still on display<BR>
&gt; at the Field Museum -- along with the holed portion of the garage<BR>
&gt; roof. In another interesting display, there are pieces of damaged<BR>
&gt; roofing and a twisted rain gutter from a house impact, although the<BR>
&gt; locality of that fall escapes me for the moment.<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt; Mark Langenfeld<BR>
<BR>
The Museum of Nature and Science in Denver has a hole caused by a meteorite in the down of Canyon City Colorado...The meteorite was shattered on the concrete floor of the garage. According to the story, a cat in the garage although not hurt,, was never quite the same<BR>
<BR>
Larry Brooks<BR>
Denver Colorado<BR>
.<BR>