[meteorite-list] German meteorite

From: KevTK_at_aol.com <KevTK_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:26 2004

In a message dated 4/11/02 5:00:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
marcin_at_polandmet.com writes:

<< It's confirmed. The Bavarian bolide IS a meteorite, fragmented in 3 larges
 fragments. This information was confirmed by the Munich satellite survey
 station . One video show the fall of this meteorite. >>

As of my readings there hasn't been a recovery yet, correct? Fireballs in the
sky doesn't mean meteorites on the ground. I archive fireball reports for the
North American Meteor Network and we record dozens of bright to very bright
fireballs each month. Even the last July 23rd fireball over Pa., that was
seen in 6 states and Canada did not yield any meteorites (that we know of).

KK
~~~