[meteorite-list] Mercurian Meteorites, Chances of: REPOST

From: Sterling K. Webb <kelly_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:26 2004

Hi, Frank,

    That was my Whoops! moment, I think. In reading the flurry of
posts, it was not clear to me that only NWA 011 and apparently
not Dhofar 007 is being suggested for Mercurian origin. On the
other hand, if Dhofar 007 is a "new" kind of eucrite, does that
mean that it must be from some other (larger) differentiated
body, not Vesta? Is the Afanasiev article suggesting a common
origin for the two? I don't know. Anybody?

Sterling