[meteorite-list] Mercurian Meteorites

From: almitt <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:26 2004

Hi Troy,

Here is some information I posted on the topic a while back.

To add to Eric's excellent post, Mercurian meteorites would contain no more than 5%
iron maximum, would be achondrite in nature and as Eric said differentiated highly
from heat or decay. Mercurian meteorites would also have a higher shock effect than
the SNC's and a basaltic content with low H2O content and low violates with an
estimated age of 3.7 to 4.4 billion years. This is taken from my archives of
information but I didn't write down my source but I know it comes from a good source.

--AL