[meteorite-list] Instant laboratory analysis

From: thornysahuaro <thornysahuaro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:26 2004

To any list members who may wish to have an immediate
analysis of possible meteoric material I recommend
sending your samples to the Center For Meteorite
Studies P.O. Box 872504, Tempe AZ 85287-2504.
I found some very weathered fragments last weekend in
the Gold Basin area of NW Arizona. On Monday I cut
and polished seven samples to send for analysis. These
were packaged and dropped in the mail on Tuesday the
9th. The samples were back in my mailbox yesterday
morning, repackaged with the analysis results. They
are now packed a little differently and on their way
to the Maricopa County landfill.
The speed and efficiency of the Center for Meteorite
Studies and our US Postal Service are phenomenal. I
intend to keep sending in samples until I get it rite.

I too am getting old,
and losing my crust.
My iron/nickel has turned mostly to rust.
But I want to find a meteorite,
before I turn to dust.

Thorny