[meteorite-list] NWA 011 and Mercury

From: Marco Langbroek <marco.langbroek_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:27 2004

Hi folks,

Just for caution: the suggestion to consider Mercury as a parent body for
NWA 011 was just one possible suggestion, done by Palme in a News & Views
item to the Science-paper of Yamaguchi et al.

In other words: NWA 011 is not yet clearly to be linked with that planet. It
is one of several options. It is too early to say that NWA 011 is from
Mercury and not from another parent body.

By the way, I remember that some time ago a paper on the characteritsics and
expected numbers of meteorites from several parent bodies (including Mercury
and Venus) has been published in Meteoritics & Planetary Science. Sorry I do
not have an exact reference ready at the moment: that's because I am packing
up to move to another house currently. But a search on NASA ADS will
probably reveil it to you.

Regards,

Marco