[meteorite-list] Re: Nice moldavite in eBay

From: Dave Harris <entropydave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:27 2004

Hi Mike
No, thank you for the correction! In the past what I had been offered as
"hedgehog" seemed to be from the sort of spiny muthas you have on your page
to largish, sculptural pieces. Indeed I thought that the term "hedgehog" was
applied more specifically to the Bedenice (spelling???!) ones.

But to be hones, I know bugger all about tektites, and I should have not
used the term "hedgehog" without doing my research!!
Oh it was late in the evening and I was tired!!!
And the 5.8g specimen of yours is remarkable! How the hell did it survive
without being broken, crushed &c.?
I guess that specimen is high in value?
Thanks for the info - always needing to learn!
very best
dave
ps I too have a nightly Hedgehog visitor in my back garden. My cat is
totally, but respectfully confused by it! Goes by the name of "spiny Norman"