[meteorite-list] Nice moldavite in eBay

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:27 2004

Dave Harris wrote:
> Hullo,
> I got a really nicely shaped 3.8g moldavite on eBay at
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1093379649
Hi Dave,
        Enjoyed checking your moldavite on eBay.
        I hope it is not presumptious of me - but I thought you - and
perhaps some others, might be interested in some clarification.
You referred to the specimen offered as a "hedgehog." However,
that term is reserved for specimens that actually resemble the
animal known as a hedgehog. I used to sell hedgehog moldavites
until it seemed my entire contingent of customers got all they
wanted - and as for the animal, I was inspired to find one, and
still keep it as a pet.
        Have placed a photo of it and a couple of moldavite specimens
illustrating this terminology at:

http://cards.webshots.com/cp-22669295-OsIW-album/35602024WAhQbY

        Hope you and, perhaps others, enjoy.
        Best wishes, Michael

--
"Those who suppress freedom always do so
in the name of law and order."
  	- John V. Lindsay
--
More Worth Seeing: