[meteorite-list] Possible mesosiderite

From: Graham Christensen <majorvoltage_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:27 2004

Hello list,
I mentioned in another post that I had what looked like a mesosiderite in a
batch of NWAs that I got from Simon de Boer. It had what looked like
chondrules so I assumed it was just an H-chondrite. Well, I think I was
wrong. The meteorite is light brown with metal throughout it (maybe 40%
metal) and it has a few roundish pieces of some darker brown mineral and it
has some weathered fusion crust on one side. I did an image search at
google.com and found this image of the Vaca Muerta mesosiderite:
http://www.concentric.net/~Farmerm/images/vaca.jpg
It's from Mike F's old site, hope you don't mind Mike. This looks almost
exactly like mine but mine is a bit more brown (then again, it could be the
lighting). I know someone with a scanner and I am planning to try using it
to photograph my collection. When I get an image I'll post it.

Just breaking an awkward silence. :)
Graham Christensen
majorvoltage_at_hotmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/aerolitehunter