[meteorite-list] What could this be - part 2

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:28 2004

Dear Paul, Jim, and List;
I go with Paul's opinion on this one. It does seem to have good iron,
but doesn't quite look meteoritic (but I could be wrong). It does look
precipitated, or water eroded on the surface, like it may have spent
some part of its life in a stream bed with water and sand passing over
it. When removed from the water, it would dry and offer the "leathery
look" not unlike an iron concretion. It does seem to have more iron
content from the rosy hue of the rind...err...crust.
I second the motion on stream association, and it does look somewhat
acidized.
It somewhat resembles a Nantan at a glance, think a meteorite in PA
could fall in a river?
What say the magnet?
Best precipitates,
Dave F.