[meteorite-list] Re: Beanies and Meteorites

From: geoking_at_notkin.net <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:28 2004

John posted:

> This isn't the first time a meteorite has been sold in a package
>deal with a beanie baby on Ebay.

Dear John and List:

Our fellow List member Steve Arnold was -- if I remember correctly --
the first to come up with this type of marketing idea, some years
back.

Steve ran a series of very entertaining eBay auctions along the lines
of "Luke Skywalker's X-Wing Fighter PLUS a Genuine Meteorite!" One
package was a real winner, with a great "Star Wars" toy, and a great
Odessa to boot.

Unfortunately, I didn't bid high enough on that one, but it was a
fine double header for some lucky fan : )

Regards,

Geoff N.