[meteorite-list] What is This?

From: Rob and Colleen <iguana_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:29 2004

--------------FE352C229DCEED08E0413AAF

Ken-
I have nothing to offer on this matter though I do know that there are
carbon rich deposits around the Sudbury Astrobleme. These are fullerine
rich deposits that were theoretically the remains of the impactor
condensed by water runoff (same as silt collects). I will be obtaining
some of this material soon with a full write up. I will offer it to the
list when I have it in hand.
--
Rob Wesel
--------------
magellon wrote:
>  Greetings all,
> This is Ivan's auction:
>  OLDEST Meteorite Phaeton? CV3 Earth Fullerite
> he says"*the oldest meteorite has been found on Earth"
> and "CV3 Earth Fullerite"
> Does this have any  factual meteoric origins?
> Anyone ever heard of it?
> Thanks,
> Ken

--------------FE352C229DCEED08E0413AAF
<HTML>
Ken-
<BR>I have nothing to offer on this matter though I do know that there
are carbon rich deposits around the Sudbury Astrobleme. These are fullerine
rich deposits that were theoretically the remains of the impactor condensed
by water runoff (same as silt collects). I will be obtaining some of this
material soon with a full write up. I will offer it to the list when I
have it in hand.
<BR>--
<BR>Rob Wesel
<BR>--------------
<BR>We are the music makers...and we are the dreamers of the dreams.
<BR>Willy Wonka, 1971
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;
<P>&nbsp;
<P>magellon wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>&nbsp;Greetings all,
<BR>This is Ivan's auction:
<BR>&nbsp;<A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1095316374">OLDEST
Meteorite Phaeton? CV3 Earth Fullerite</A>
<BR>he says"*the oldest meteorite has been found on Earth"
<BR>and "CV3 Earth Fullerite"
<BR>Does this have any&nbsp; factual meteoric origins?
<BR>Anyone ever heard of it?
<BR>Thanks,
<BR>Ken
<BR>&nbsp;