[meteorite-list] Parnallee and Bensour

From: Bernd Pauli HD <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:29 2004

David Calongne wrote:

> with a magnifier glass you can see alot of chondrules and
> without at arms length you can see red vs. gray breccation

It's high time for you to get a microscope and look at a
Parnallee thin section because the chondrules and pristine
clasts will knock your socks off!

> with bensour with mag. you see micro-breccation and in certain
> lighting and angles it seems to appear to have a larger breccation
> formation?

My Bensour specimens from Dean also show this awesome brecciation
and the "mottled" appearance (whitish blebs + grayish matrix) changes
depending on viewing angle, amount of lighting and number of lights
directed at them. One specimen has a striking FeNi globule measuring ca.
1 mm in diameter. My smaller specimen has a finer-grained brecciated
texture than the larger slice.

Best wishes,

Bernd