[meteorite-list] Re: Osmium ratios in irons and parent body size(s)

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:29 2004

Once again, thanks, Bernd -

Some of these publications are recent, so there are
more than 2 people currently working with osmium and
its isotopes. The work does seem to be focused on
using osmium for dating, rather than using it as an
indicator of parent body size(s).

Recalling some earlier postings on clays (and thus
water) which have bee found in some meteorites, I am
still wondering exactly how "minor" the parent body
size(s) of meteorites were -

ep

--- Bernd Pauli HD