[meteorite-list] Amateur Meteorite Studies

From: Jay Haynes <cdnastronomer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:29 2004

<DIV></DIV>
<P>Hi List,</P>
<P>For quite a while now I have always wanted to get somthing going online that is a major collection of online meteorite information. Sort of a website that is a one stop source for any meteorite &amp; related information that someone might require and could get quickly instead of spending time searching through pages. I dont know if I proposed this idea to the lsit a long time ago when I first started coming on here but here is my idea.</P>
<P>Seeing we have a wide variety of knowledgeable people on the topic of meteoritics (both professional and amateur) we should make a website that is like an online encyclopedia of meteoritics. With all the combined knowledge this list has it would be pretty amazing to see it all combined in one place. Topics can range from scientific to tips for photographing meteorites. Just an idea to toss up in the air.<BR><BR>Clear Skies &amp; Happy Hunting,</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Jay Haynes</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>IMCA Member #:6905</P>