[meteorite-list] Campo del Cielo Impact 17 february 2325 BCE?

From: Rodrigo Martinez <benig_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:29 2004

William A. Cassidy. Meteorite field studies at Campo del Cielo. Sky and
Telescope, Vol.34, Nš1 july 1967

" Having been periodic water holes almost from the day of their
formation, the crater contain remainns of animals and humans that have
gathered at them. We have found the fossil toe bone of a deer and the
jawbone of a dog. According to Malcom C. McKenna of the American
Museum of Natural History the dog is probably related to Dusicyon
(Cerdocyon) apollinaris, a native of Colombia that no longer ranges into
Argentina. We believe the craters to be not older than 6,000 year, and
wonder what factor caused this canine form to retreat northward during
the time"

Best Regards

Rodrigo Martinez
Atacama Desert Meteorites