[meteorite-list] "Stable Nantan" Huh???

From: Jeff Kuyken <jeff_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:29 2004

G'day List,

Well just when you think you have that elusive "Stable Nantan";
HHEELLLLLLOOOOOO RUST! I just found a single 90g Nantan that I forgot about
and left in a small, sealed, plastic bag. It is showing some very slight
signs of rust, but what intrigued me was a pale green oily residue that has
formed inside the bag all by itself. I've decided to just leave it for the
moment and see what happens, but does anyone else have any idea what it
could be?

Oh, and by the way. I think the term "Stable Nantan" should probably be an
'oxymoron'. Which I guess would make "Rusty Nantan" a 'tautology'!

Happy Nantan cleaning,

Jeff