[meteorite-list] "Stable Nantan" Huh???

From: SHELLY1999 <SHELLY1999_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:29 2004

Hello Jeff,
It sounds like the plastic bag is made from PVC plastic which over time will
exude that color of residue. I am also a coin collector and have found that
this type of plastic will ruin coins and any other item placed into it. PVC
is found in the softer plastics. The harder the plastic the less PVC or none
at all. I would remove any item you wish to maintain over a long period of
time from it. If I can be of any assistance please let me know. I also have
some ideas on preservation that I have been trying you might be interested
in.
Yours,
Michael Mikowski