[meteorite-list] Going hunting

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:06 2004

Dear John, List;
I didn't see you mentioned that it made the "nighttime as day time" and
there fore, I think that it was the size of a pea and probably burned up
except for a pea size piece that you may have heard.. Ever hear a rifle
bullet a mile down range? Five miles down range?
Statistics note that most meteorites at night are usually very small and
don't make it through the atmosphere to the ground.
I would think a random search of anywhere would have the same percentage
of success....about 800 manhours of searching per new meteorite.
Good Luck, there must be some somewhere.
Dave (_at_400 hours) Freeman