[meteorite-list] Chassigny

From: Matteo Chinellato <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:09 2004

hello all

Another mistery is where is go the 10 kg. of Renazzo
meteorite? Is know only 1070 grams in the all
museums....and the over 200 kg. of Vago meteorite, is
know only 3 pieces in the Paris and Vienna museums....
Regards

Matteo

--- LITIG8NSHARK_at_aol.com wrote:
> Good evening Ray, and all,
>
> The mystery of what happened to all of the reported
> Chassigny find is a
> perennial discussion topic. One that I suspect will
> go on for many years.
>
> I theorize that some of it was destroyed in analysis
> and that the remainder
> is tucked away in some drawer of a major
> institution(s); forgotten. At the
> price that Chassigny currently brings one would
> suspect that the holder of a
> couple of kilos of the meteorite would be tempted to
> part with at least some
> of it.
>
> If I had a couple of kilos of the stuff you can rest
> assured that I would
> soon be retiring.
>
> Ya'll (I can say that now as I have relocated to
> Savannah, GA) have a great
> evening.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Paul

> Daylight Time,
> impactearth_at_space.com writes:
>

> > When Chassigny fell, it was estimated that approx
> 4
> > kg's were recovered, and only about 800 grams is
> > accounted for now. Any thought's or theories on
> what
> > happened to the other 3.2 kg's? Any chance on
> more
> > turning up?

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.com Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
MSN Messanger: spacerocks_at_hotmail.com
EBAY.COM:http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/mcomemeteorite_at_excite.it/