[meteorite-list] Tagish Lake entry angle

From: Bernd Pauli HD <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:13 2004

Hello Rob and List,

> I would be curious to know what the estimated angles were for
> Tagish Lake. I suspect ... 25 degrees or less. Cheers, Rob

"The entry angle was shallow, about 16 degrees from the
horizontal, causing an unusually long "shooting star"
that lasted some 15 seconds, according to eyewitnesses."

Reference:

Cosmic Time Capsule: Frozen Yukon Meteorite Found
By Robert Roy Britt - space.com/12 October 2000

BROWN P.G. et al. (2002) An entry model for the Tagish
Lake fireball using seismic, satellite and infrasound records
(MAPS 37-5, 2002 May, pp. 661-675):

=> radiant altitude 18°

Best regards,

Bernd