[meteorite-list] Identifying meteorites

From: meteorite1.com <capricorn89_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:14 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C243C5.99FB5980

Walter Sullivan wrote: <<I still do not understand how you identify a =
meteorite with reasonable confidence>>=20

Read my Introductory Meteoritics series each month in the Meteorite =
Times (at www.meteorite.com). I am explaining the fundamentals in small =
doses. Also, you may want to see the U.C.L.A. website on how to =
identify a meteorite at: =
http://www.ess.ucla.edu/research/cosmochemistry/meteorite_howto.html;
also, go to http://www.saharamet.com/ to see the absolutely outstanding =
website designed by the Pellisons. Look at the photo gallery and =
particularly the reference cards that show many meteorites (both "in =
situ" and close-ups, and magnified sections of the many individuals they =
have found.)

(Careful: AD following :=3D) I also have available some excellent books =
on the subject on my website (or you can buy them elsewhere, usually at =
higher prices!)
Ron
R. N. Hartman
METEORITES and MEMBRANE SUSPENSION BOXES

rnh_at_meteorite1.com
www.meteorite1.com

order_at_membranebox.com
www.membranebox.com