[meteorite-list] metal in meteorites?

From: James_TOM Knudson <peregrineflier_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:16 2004

<DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Sorry to ask another question List, But I feel like the greatest minds in the meteorite field are on this list! So, Gold basin has some nice shiny metal! I have spent a lot of time looking at my piece of G.B... I have looked at the way it is arranged In the matrix, Fascinating! It seems to be average from what I have seen. I found a rock that has just as much metal arranged in a similar fashion, But it is not as shiny as G.B..is it oxidized? Is there some thing else I do not know of that looks like that? When you hold it in light it is real shiny but strait on it looks dull!&nbsp;<FONT face="Times New Roman, Times, Serif">It is very magnetic!!!!! Can any one shine a light on this subject?</FONT><FONT face="Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif"><BR><BR><BR></FONT>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Thanks, Tom</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>