[meteorite-list] RE: Flooding in Europe

From: Rosemary Hackney <ltcrose_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:16 2004

Christian...((hugs))

I am glad you are ok and that you did your best to help. I do not recall
ever hearing of this kind of flooding over there before... maybe has to do
with the sunspots Dave was referring to.

I helped a few years ago in the Flood of 97 In Kentucky. I was assistant
Mission Coordinator and Air Ops.. Had 11 - 13 airplanes in the air looking
for survivors and toxic spills. Even did a few sections of the river
myself.. Anyway.. we also helped the Red Cross with the homeless shelters .
and Ground teams extracting the stranded. .This was for a week or more..
Then the clean -up. It takes its toil. I understand all too well your
fatigue.

Thank you for all the people you helped and I hope you can get some rest. We
at the meteorite list have wondered about all.. Surgei and you and Anne and
others. I hope all of you are ok.

Rosie