[meteorite-list] Meteorite Contest #6 - FREE NWA869

From: Impactika_at_aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:17 2004

--part1_1a7.6f1348e.2a902e62_boundary

In a message dated 8/15/2002 4:24:41 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
thebigcollector_at_msn.com writes:

> Come up with a contest ideal for me...for Meteorite Contest #7. Something
> anyone can enter reguardless of collection size or knowledge level
> preferrably.

Last night I was doing some searching on the Net. It started out as a Google
search on a specific meteorite and turned into aimless wandering through some
amazing sites that were totally unknown to me.

So here is my suggestion.

I am sure we have all done that kind of wandering, particularly late at
night, and discovered some extremely interesting sites and some extremely
outrageous ones. Now we each get to nominate ONE site, of course it will have
to be about meteorites somehow.
I think we should eliminate ahead of time the sites we all know, like David
Weir's or Meteorite Exchange, and the "virtual shops" of all the dealers on
the List.

Once all the sites have been nominated, we could either let Mark decide which
one is the winner, or he could ask the List-members to vote. His decision.

Anne Black
IMCA #2356
www.IMPACTIKA.com
e-mail: IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com