[meteorite-list] Re: a bad N.E. Meteoritical Services experience?

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:25 2004

Hello all

> Another dilemma which we all know about, and many
> attempt to avoid, are the
> Custom laws of the different countries. It does no
> good for a customer to
> request shipping via the USPS and then ask that a
> reduced value be declared
> on the package. That frustrates the sender's ability
> to insure the package.
> No insurance means that someone loses if the package
> doesn't arrive. I am
> sure the "risk" is worth it until the unfortunate
> inevitable occurs. And, I
> am certain that it happen more often than we hear
> about.

This is another problem, here in Italy for the packs
from outside Europa the custom ask a 20% in tax. Just
few days ago E.Olson have sent to me my Vigarano slice
via FedEx. After 2 days I received a phone from Milan
where a Mrs ask to me if I want pay $250 of tax for a
pack, this only why the insure of $1200 write on the
pack. I am sorry but I have addvise I no want pay a
similar tax and I have ask the return of the piece in
USA. For the moment the pack is not return in USA. I
hope is no go lost or I kill in first the persons of
the custom in Milan, and after the persons of the
FedEx.
Regards

Matteo

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.com Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
MSN Messanger: spacerocks_at_hotmail.com
EBAY.COM:http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/mcomemeteorite_at_excite.it/