[meteorite-list] Er..Foot-in-mouth.

From: starharvest_at_attbi.com <starharvest_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:53:33 2004

A humble clarification concerning that (meteorite) I found in my driveway.
Iv'e been asked how I know it's a meteorite. I must say. I DON'T. (sorry) It
appeared in the driveway after my son washed his jeep. Since he had been 4-
wheeling in the mud, he left a mess for Dad to hose off of the driveway. As I
was hosing, I noticed that there was a little stone what seemed a little more
stubborn in yielding to the force of the water stream. I picked it up, and
found that it was very heavy. I tried my magnet on it and...ZAP,CLICK! IT
stuck. O.K. It could be just a piece of scrap metal but under my magnifying
glass. it doesn't look like scrap metal. It looks like a meteorite. BUT... I
need to get it tested before I say for sure. Sometimes my exuberance and
imagination get the best of me. So here you have my confession. I just don't
know yet if that little heavy rock is a meteorite.