[meteorite-list] Re: Meteorites and *********

From: CMcdon0923_at_aol.com <CMcdon0923_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:00 2004

--part1_17.22a8ef14.298f1ea0_boundary

> "Can we boot this guy before it goes any further?"
> Art, I implore you to be pro-active in this regards. And here is something
> that only you have visibility. Should you notice an unexpected spike in
> membership to the List, such as BEFORE the Tucson Show, then it may already
> be too late.

So because this person posted something with which you (and several others)
may disagree with, or that you (and several others) think inappropriate, you
want him deleted/banned from the list? Do I agree with everything he
says?...No. But it is his opinion, and he seems to vehemently believe it.
C'est la vie.

Yes, his posting certainly stretches the definition of "meteorite related"
but no more so than the most recent "cat fight" between some of the dealers
on the list, and I didn't see anyone imploring Art to ban them (again).

Maybe we should ban Mohamed since his postings have so far have been simply
about terrestrial rocks, even though he uses the word meteorite.

Art has always demonstrated a very reasonable and tolerant management of this
list, and I certainly think he's capable of continuing to do so.

Relax folks....it's almost game time.

Craig

--part1_17.22a8ef14.298f1ea0_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">"Can we boot this guy before it goes any further?"<BR>
Art, I implore you to be pro-active in this regards. And here is something that only you have visibility. Should you notice an unexpected spike in membership to the List, such as BEFORE the Tucson Show, then it may already be too late.</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
So because this person posted something with which you (and several others) may disagree with, or that you (and several others) think inappropriate, you want him deleted/banned from the list?&nbsp; Do I agree with everything he says?...No.&nbsp; But it is his opinion, and he seems to vehemently believe it. C'est la vie.<BR>
<BR>
Yes, his posting certainly stretches the definition of "meteorite related" but no more so than the most recent "cat fight" between some of the dealers on the list, and I didn't see anyone imploring Art to ban them (again).&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
Maybe we should ban Mohamed since his postings have so far have been simply about terrestrial rocks, even though he uses the word meteorite.<BR>
<BR>
Art has always demonstrated a very reasonable and tolerant management of this list, and I certainly think he's capable of continuing to do so.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
Relax folks....it's almost game time.<BR>
<BR>
Craig</FONT></HTML>

--part1_17.22a8ef14.298f1ea0_boundary--