[meteorite-list] Other on Eagle Butte

From: Tracy Latimer <tracyl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:05 2004

There seem to be a lot of these "Eagle Butte Meteorites" running around on
Ebay these days. I bought one of the first ones from someone whose handle
is "geopaleo_guy"; I used Buy It Now, which in retrospect might have been
a mistake :-P got too overeager. Someone probably made a pilgrimage up to
the area, might even have been a legitimate meteorite lover, found a pile
of slag or tailings and thought they had hit the mother lode. Brought
back a couple dozen pounds and started sharing the wealth. As soon as I
get my (probable) meteorwrong, if anyone wants to use it for testing, let
me know and I'll be happy to send it on. Of course, it it turns out to
be real, I'll expect the remnants back <g>

Tracy Latimer
--having some serious doubts--