[meteorite-list] [OT] About Time + Tucson 2002

From: geoking_at_notkin.net <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:06 2004

<x-rich>Greetings Listees:

In light of the recent (slightly weird) discussions about time,
space, light speed, and the magnetic "souls" of meteorites, I thought
the following -- which was sent to me from one of my other lists --
may intrigue some of you:

*****************

As the clock ticks over from 8:01PM on Wednesday, February 20th,
2002, time will (for sixty seconds only) read in perfect symmetry. To
be more precise: 20:02, 02/20, 2002. It is an event which has only
ever happened once before, and is something which will never be
repeated. The last occasion that time read in such a symmetrical
pattern was long before the days of the digital watch (or the 24-hour
clock) at 10:01AM, on January 10, 1001. And because the clock only
goes up to 23.59, it is something that will never happen again.

*****************

In other news: Tucson 2002 was great fun, with good weather,
excellent company, and more meteorites than you could shake a magnet
at. Thanks to the scores of List members who showed up for the annual
Notkin/Arnold birthday party. It was our largest and best event ever
(we even had a band this time!) with somewhere between 75 and 100
guests. As always, it was great to see many old friends, and make
some new ones. Took hundreds of photos -- of the party; auctions; and
meteorites and fossils all over town. Web feature to follow shortly.

Regards,

Geoff N.</x-rich>