[meteorite-list] History being made.........

From: Rick Nowak <internationalmeteoritesociety_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:06 2004

To my knowledge meteorites have never been recovered
by using earthquake stations. Maybe with IN3 history
will be made. As for the meteor of 2/9/02 sighted in
Mass. The newspapers said the "ground shook" Is this
the sonic boom shaking the ground or is it the meteor
crashing into the ground and sending out a shock wave?
I hope a seismic reading shows up. Unless it was close
and big to a station it won't. Anyhow the New England
Network is checking into this :)