[meteorite-list] SNCs

From: almitt <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:06 2004

Hi Jamie and all,

I am not sure about the delivery mechanics but I think it is thought that only certain
sized objects can survive during an impact event on a larger planetary body, so it
might be that the CM or CI type material might be more fragile but larger chunks can
fall leaving more material to be delivered here on Earth while Martian and lunar
material seems to be smaller from their impact events. Lunites seem to be by far
smallest so far (a couple of pounds, 1 kilo plus) than some Martian and some
carbonaceous types. I'll let someone chime in on this who knows better than I. All my
best and recovering Tucson adventurer. It was fun seeing all my friends there again
this year.

--AL