[meteorite-list] Re: Eagle Butte - "Dr." Schimpf and the Royal Tyrell Museum

From: Sharkkb8_at_aol.com <Sharkkb8_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:08 2004

In regard to the rather astonishingly crude and unprofessional emails Matteo
has been receiving from the self-styled member of the Board of Trustees of
the Royal Tyrell Museum in Alberta, I sent a polite email to the Museum,
explaining the situation in nonaccusatory terms, and asking about Dr.
Schimpf's relationship, if any, to the institution. They have very kindly
emailed me back, as follows. The response is not surprising, but gratifying
to know. Hmmm, I just might have a few spare moments to write a little
colorful email today....Matteo, what was that email address for "Dr."
Schimpf, again?!
(Anyone else?)

Gregory

_____

Dear Mr. Wilson,
a board of trustees. Our Cooperating Society, which is a non-profit
organization which supports the operation of the Museum, is made up of a
10-member board. However, T.L. Schimpf is not one of its members - nor have
we heard of this individual.

The Royal Tyrrell Museum focuses on Alberta's palaeontological history and is
not directly involved in the study or exhibition of meteorites.

I hope this clears up any misunderstandings.

Sincerely,
Marty Eberth
Media and Community Relations
Royal Tyrrell Museum
PO Box 7500 Drumheller, Alberta, Canada T0J 0Y0

____

Dear good Museum folks,

A person by the name of T.L. Schimpf has been defending the sale of an
alleged Canadian "meteorite" on ebay, named "Eagle Butte". This meteorite
name is not recognized by the Meteoritical Society, and potential buyers have
been emailing this person accordingly, questioning the "meteorite's"
authenticity. There have alledgedly been email responses from this Dr.
Schimpf, who claims to be on your Museum's Board of Trustees, which have been
threatening, obscene and astonishingly unprofessional.

If this person is not associated with your Museum, and is merely dishonestly
claiming to be, I think it's important that you know that someone is
fraudulently representing you. And if this person does represent your
Museum (and is doing such a poor job of it) and is knowingly endorsing the
sale of a fraudulent meteorite, I would think you would want to know that,
too.

Either way, it appears your good Museum may have a problem. Those of us
concerned are only interested in establishing the truth, so I welcome your
comments. Thank you very much.

Gregory Wilson
I.M.C.A. #5877
2118 Wilshire Blvd #918