[meteorite-list] Space Adventures Antarctic Meteorite Expedition

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:40 2004

-------------- Original Message ----------------
Space Adventures Antarctic Meteorite Expedition
Christopher J. Faranetta chrisfaranetta_at_sprintmail.com

Fri, 4 Jan 2002 16:16:44 -0500

Hello All,

I would love to hear opinions on the expedition which
has just started, see link below:

<http://www.spaceadventures.com/terrestrial/antarctica/index.html>

CF
------------- End of Original Message -------------

Hello Chris,

They invited me to go on this trip, because I had
experience at finding Mars meteorites, I guess.
I wish I had the spare $24k to go with them (even if
you don't get to keep the meteorites). I have to
admit that this expedition is starting to sound more
professional than first dexcribed to me. Initially,
it seemed to be too commercial.

It will be interesting to compare this expedition to
this Teams meteorite recovery efforts:

http://www.webexpeditions.net/ansmet/default_journal.asp

Check out the "Big One" that they found,
:-)
Bob V.

<http://www.pairlist.net/pipermail/meteorite-list/2002-January/007840.html>
[meteorite-list] AD - Space Adventures - New Year, New
Adventures!
Robert Verish bolidechaser_at_yahoo.com
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 16:24:51 -0800 (PST)