[meteorite-list] Sorry, sure it's not....

From: Dave Harris <entropydave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:41 2004

Hi there
Just had a look at your pics and I too am in agreement with my vastly more
erudite and experienced colleagues on the meteorite list.
This is definitely not meteoritic - for any number of reasons.
I would follow Ms. Anne Black's advice for getting an explanation.

You are, of course quite welcome to your opinion that it is meteoritic,
however, there is little point in asking for expert opinion to just dismiss
it if you do not like what they say. We have all come across odd rocks -
the world is a big place and strange stuff turns up all of the time! Look at
the issues with Putorana - took ages to decide it was terrestrial and not
mesosideritic.

I wish you luck in your endeavours.

--
In gentle decay,