[meteorite-list] My First Piece

From: Warren Zwanka <joeeval_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:41 2004

All it took was a little 3.8 gram L4 (Dalgety Downs) from Mike and I got hooked. It was a few minutes from closing on ebay with no bids, and I remember thinking "why wouldn't anybody want to own a rock from space?" For me, the novelty of owning one has never disappeared. <br />
My best "find" was a free extra copy of Rocks From Space that Kris Henkel was trying to find an owner for on the list. It has been read over and over and even to my kids. Now when my 7 yr old daughter sees a meteor during our evening star watches, she doesn't make a wish. Instead she says, "I wonder if that one made it, Daddy???" <br />
As a geologist and meteorite nut, it is pretty well known by all that know and work with me that, if a meteorite falls in North Florida, I'll be on leave for a while. I want to thank all from whom I've bought rocks for helping me come to grips with this addiction. <br />
<hr>