[meteorite-list] CR2 Strewnfield photos and coordinates

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:53 2004

<P><mailto:meteorite-list-request_at_meteoritecentral.com?subject=help><mailto:meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com><mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=subscribe><mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=unsubscribe>As promised here are some photos as well as the coordinates (That I took myself in the middle of the strewnfield with my garmin 12XL) of the CR2 strewnfield in Zagora morocco. </mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=unsubscribe></mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=subscribe></mailto:meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com></mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=help></P>
<P><mailto:meteorite-list-request_at_meteoritecentral.com?subject=help><mailto:meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com><mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=subscribe><mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=unsubscribe><A href="http://www.meteoriteshop.com/cr2-strewnfield.htm">http://www.meteoriteshop.com/cr2-strewnfield.htm</A></mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=unsubscribe></mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=subscribe></mailto:meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com></mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=help></P>
<P><mailto:meteorite-list-request_at_meteoritecentral.com?subject=help><mailto:meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com><mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=subscribe><mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=unsubscribe>As you can see this is a very easy to search over strewnfield. No vegetation or anything to make searching difficult. Most of the people in the photo searching has meteorites canes or a magnet on a string but my photos never showed that to well. I was told that several months ago there would be hundreds on people a day searching but now there is only a dozen or so die hards with really nothing else to do. Even in an area with 80% unemployment the strewnfield seems hopeless to most locals now. I met 4 or 5 people who showed me their metal detectors that they searched with. Obviously the exact elipse will not be known since everybody just picked up the rocks without recording the exact coordinates but this should not be considered a meteorite without known coor
dinates. You know exactly where the strewnfield is at. The locals knew exactly where to look and you can easily go inside the strewnfield. Only two people had any CR2 when I was there and both pieces were much less than a gram. There is pretty much no more meteorites in that strewnfield. I beleive the TKW to be between 12 and 14 kilos. And its all being dumped on the market at once. I pretty much got everything that is left in the Zagora/Tagounite&nbsp;area as most people gave me their meteorites to sell on consignment for them in Tucson which will net them more money than selling outright to other dealers. I dont think that there is a kilo left in morocco anymore.</mailto:meteorite-list-request_at_meteoritecentral.com?subject=unsubscribe></mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=subscribe></mailto:meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com></mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=help></P>
<P><mailto:meteorite-list-request_at_meteoritecentral.com?subject=help><mailto:meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com><mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=subscribe><mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=unsubscribe>I will have lots in tucson to sell and I just want to move the stuff quick like I always do with my meteorites. I dont really have an interest in holding out for higher prices so I will be selling it for $25 a gram in Tucson for as long as my&nbsp;one and a half kilos (Which I already have over half sold) lasts. Taking a quick profit and moving on to the next meteorite is fine with me.&nbsp;</mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=unsubscribe></mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=subscribe></mailto:meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com></mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=help></P>
<P><mailto:meteorite-list-request_at_meteoritecentral.com?subject=help><mailto:meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com><mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=subscribe><mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=unsubscribe>I think that this meteorite should have a name. Having a large number of low TKW main masses of NWA meteorites that you know exactly where they came from (Like what is being done with the Libyan CO3 strewnfield (which disguises the fact that the TKW is an eight of a ton or more) and knows exactly what their classification is seems silly to me. It also seems like a waste of precious researcher time and resources to go through the motions to classify the same meteorite over and over again. I know first hand in&nbsp;how short supply classification resources are. But I dont make the rules. And I will soon have all of my stuff sold and have moved on to the next meteorite&nbsp;so I wont care much anymore then.</mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?sub