Fw: [meteorite-list] CR2 Strewnfield photos and coordinates

From: Serguei <Serguei_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:53 2004

------=_NextPart_000_00AC_01C1A85D.4D06CA00

Hi Dean,
Pretty funny that the title of =
http://www.meteoriteshop.com/cr2-strewnfield.htm is "DAG 400"
I like the "big difference" on the last two pictures too. You moved 15m =
to the left, right?
Best regards,
Serguei

As promised here are some photos as well as the coordinates (That I took =
myself in the middle of the strewnfield with my garmin 12XL) of the CR2 =
strewnfield in Zagora morocco.=20

http://www.meteoriteshop.com/cr2-strewnfield.htm

As you can see this is a very easy to search over strewnfield. No =
vegetation or anything to make searching difficult. Most of the people =
in the photo searching has meteorites canes or a magnet on a string but =
my photos never showed that to well. I was told that several months ago =
there would be hundreds on people a day searching but now there is only =
a dozen or so die hards with really nothing else to do. Even in an area =
with 80% unemployment the strewnfield seems hopeless to most locals now. =
I met 4 or 5 people who showed me their metal detectors that they =
searched with. Obviously the exact elipse will not be known since =
everybody just picked up the rocks without recording the exact =
coordinates but this should not be considered a meteorite without known =
coordinates. You know exactly where the strewnfield is at. The locals =
knew exactly where to look and you can easily go inside the strewnfield. =
Only two people had any CR2 when I was there and both pieces were much =
less than a gram. There is pretty much no more meteorites in that =
strewnfield. I beleive the TKW to be between 12 and 14 kilos. And its =
all being dumped on the market at once. I pretty much got everything =
that is left in the Zagora/Tagounite area as most people gave me their =
meteorites to sell on consignment for them in Tucson which will net them =
more money than selling outright to other dealers. I dont think that =
there is a kilo left in morocco anymore.

I will have lots in tucson to sell and I just want to move the stuff =
quick like I always do with my meteorites. I dont really have an =
interest in holding out for higher prices so I will be selling it for =
$25 a gram in Tucson for as long as my one and a half kilos (Which I =
already have over half sold) lasts. Taking a quick profit and moving on =
to the next meteorite is fine with me.=20

I think that this meteorite should have a name. Having a large number of =
low TKW main masses of NWA meteorites that you know exactly where they =
came from (Like what is being done with the Libyan CO3 strewnfield =
(which disguises the fact that the TKW is an eight of a ton or more) and =
knows exactly what their classification is seems silly to me. It also =
seems like a waste of precious researcher time and resources to go =
through the motions to classify the same meteorite over and over again. =
I know first hand in how short supply classification resources are. But =
I dont make the rules. And I will soon have all of my stuff sold and =
have moved on to the next meteorite so I wont care much anymore then.

For those of you into fossils look at a really cool trilobite slab that =
I got last week in morocco also:

http://www.meteoriteshop.com/trilobite.htm

I had a lot of fun this trip. I spend time in the desert in nomad camps =
and went to the Hamid border town with Algeria where I bought =
meteorites. I hope to go back again soon.

Home you enjoy. I will see as many of you as possible in Tucson.

DEAN

------=_NextPart_000_00AC_01C1A85D.4D06CA00

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD><MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DHELP=
><MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM><MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUE=
ST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DSUBSCRIBE><MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUES=
T_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DUNSUBSCRIBE>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi Dean,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Pretty funny that the title of <A=20
href=3D"http://www.meteoriteshop.com/cr2-strewnfield.htm"><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman"=20
size=3D3>http://www.meteoriteshop.com/cr2-strewnfield.htm</FONT></A>&nbsp=
;is "DAG=20
400"</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I like the "big difference" on the last =
two=20
pictures too. You moved 15m to the left, right?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Best regards,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Serguei</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<P>As promised here are some photos as well as the coordinates (That I =
took=20
myself in the middle of the strewnfield with my garmin 12XL) of the CR2=20
strewnfield in Zagora morocco.=20
</MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DUNSUBSCRIB=
E></MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DSUBSCRIB=
E></MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM></MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-RE=
QUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DHELP></P>
<P><MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DHELP><MA=
ILTO:METEORITE-LIST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM><MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST@M=
ETEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DSUBSCRIBE><MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_ME=
TEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DUNSUBSCRIBE><A=20
href=3D"http://www.meteoriteshop.com/cr2-strewnfield.htm">http://www.mete=
oriteshop.com/cr2-strewnfield.htm</A></MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_METE=
ORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DUNSUBSCRIBE></MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_ME=
TEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DSUBSCRIBE></MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST_at_METEORITEC=
ENTRAL.COM></MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3D=
HELP></P>
<P><MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DHELP><MA=
ILTO:METEORITE-LIST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM><MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST@M=
ETEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DSUBSCRIBE><MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_ME=
TEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DUNSUBSCRIBE>As=20
you can see this is a very easy to search over strewnfield. No =
vegetation or=20
anything to make searching difficult. Most of the people in the photo =
searching=20
has meteorites canes or a magnet on a string but my photos never showed =
that to=20
well. I was told that several months ago there would be hundreds on =
people a day=20
searching but now there is only a dozen or so die hards with really =
nothing else=20
to do. Even in an area with 80% unemployment the strewnfield seems =
hopeless to=20
most locals now. I met 4 or 5 people who showed me their metal detectors =
that=20
they searched with. Obviously the exact elipse will not be known since =
everybody=20
just picked up the rocks without recording the exact coordinates but =
this should=20
not be considered a meteorite without known coordinates. You know =
exactly where=20
the strewnfield is at. The locals knew exactly where to look and you can =
easily=20
go inside the strewnfield. Only two people had any CR2 when I was there =
and both=20
pieces were much less than a gram. There is pretty much no more =
meteorites in=20
that strewnfield. I beleive the TKW to be between 12 and 14 kilos. And =
its all=20
being dumped on the market at once. I pretty much got everything that is =
left in=20
the Zagora/Tagounite&nbsp;area as most people gave me their meteorites =
to sell=20
on consignment for them in Tucson which will net them more money than =
selling=20
outright to other dealers. I dont think that there is a kilo left in =
morocco=20
anymore.</MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DUN=
SUBSCRIBE></MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3D=
SUBSCRIBE></MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM></MAILTO:METEORITE=
-LIST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DHELP></P>
<P><MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DHELP><MA=
ILTO:METEORITE-LIST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM><MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST@M=
ETEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DSUBSCRIBE><MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_ME=
TEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DUNSUBSCRIBE>I=20
will have lots in tucson to sell and I just want to move the stuff quick =
like I=20
always do with my meteorites. I dont really have an interest in holding =
out for=20
higher prices so I will be selling it for $25 a gram in Tucson for as =
long as=20
my&nbsp;one and a half kilos (Which I already have over half sold) =
lasts. Taking=20
a quick profit and moving on to the next meteorite is fine with=20
me.&nbsp;</MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DU=
NSUBSCRIBE></MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3D=
SUBSCRIBE></MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM></MAILTO:METEORITE=
-LIST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DHELP></P>
<P><MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DHELP><MA=
ILTO:METEORITE-LIST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM><MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST@M=
ETEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DSUBSCRIBE><MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_ME=
TEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DUNSUBSCRIBE>I=20
think that this meteorite should have a name. Having a large number of =
low TKW=20
main masses of NWA meteorites that you know exactly where they came from =
(Like=20
what is being done with the Libyan CO3 strewnfield (which disguises the =
fact=20
that the TKW is an eight of a ton or more) and knows exactly what their=20
classification is seems silly to me. It also seems like a waste of =
precious=20
researcher time and resources to go through the motions to classify the =
same=20
meteorite over and over again. I know first hand in&nbsp;how short =
supply=20
classification resources are. But I dont make the rules. And I will soon =
have=20
all of my stuff sold and have moved on to the next meteorite&nbsp;so I =
wont care=20
much anymore=20
then.</MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DUNSUB=
SCRIBE></MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DSUB=
SCRIBE></MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM></MAILTO:METEORITE-LI=
ST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DHELP></P>
<P><MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DHELP><MA=
ILTO:METEORITE-LIST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM><MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST@M=
ETEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DSUBSCRIBE><MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_ME=
TEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DUNSUBSCRIBE>For=20
those of you into fossils look at a really cool trilobite slab that I =
got last=20
week in morocco=20
also:</MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DUNSUB=
SCRIBE></MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DSUB=
SCRIBE></MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM></MAILTO:METEORITE-LI=
ST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DHELP></P>
<P><MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DHELP><MA=
ILTO:METEORITE-LIST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM><MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST@M=
ETEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DSUBSCRIBE><MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_ME=
TEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DUNSUBSCRIBE><A=20
href=3D"http://www.meteoriteshop.com/trilobite.htm">http://www.meteorites=
hop.com/trilobite.htm</A></MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL=
.COM?SUBJECT=3DUNSUBSCRIBE></MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTR=
AL.COM?SUBJECT=3DSUBSCRIBE></MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM><=
/MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DHELP></P>
<P><MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DHELP><MA=
ILTO:METEORITE-LIST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM><MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST@M=
ETEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DSUBSCRIBE><MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_ME=
TEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DUNSUBSCRIBE>I=20
had a lot of fun this trip. I spend time in the desert in nomad camps =
and went=20
to the Hamid border town with Algeria where I bought meteorites. I hope =
to go=20
back again=20
soon.</MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DUNSUB=
SCRIBE></MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DSUB=
SCRIBE></MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM></MAILTO:METEORITE-LI=
ST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DHELP></P>
<P><MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DHELP><MA=
ILTO:METEORITE-LIST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM><MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST@M=
ETEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DSUBSCRIBE><MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_ME=
TEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DUNSUBSCRIBE>Home=20
you enjoy. I will see as many of you as possible in=20
Tucson.</MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DUNS=
UBSCRIBE></MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DS=
UBSCRIBE></MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM></MAILTO:METEORITE-=
LIST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DHELP></P>
<P><MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DHELP><MA=
ILTO:METEORITE-LIST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM><MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST@M=
ETEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DSUBSCRIBE><MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST_at_ME=
TEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DUNSUBSCRIBE>DEAN</P></DIV></MAILTO:METEORITE=
-LIST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DUNSUBSCRIBE></MAILTO:METEORI=
TE-LIST-REQUEST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DSUBSCRIBE></MAILTO:METEORI=
TE-LIST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM></MAILTO:METEORITE-LIST-REQUEST@METEORITECEN=
TRAL.COM?SUBJECT=3DHELP></DIV><BR=20
clear=3Dall>
<HR>
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at <A=20
href=3D"http://go.msn.com/bql/hmtag_etl_EN.asp">http://explorer.msn.com</=
Meteorite-list mailing list Meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com=20
http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/meteorite-list</BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00AC_01C1A85D.4D06CA00--