[meteorite-list] Martian vs. Lunar vs. Owl's Wit

From: Cox SMTP west <mam602_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:54 2004

BRAVO! Bernd...Bravo.
I am personally sick of all this bickering about the price of this or the
availability of that. Seems like the combatants should meet in a cage match
in Tucson and decide the outcome....If they are going to bicker like the
losers in the WWF then maybe they should just start painting their faces,
dressing in tights and pretend to beat the hell out of each other like they
do on TV. It sure would be more entertaining than reading this childish
pissing match.

Can we just get on with the normal course of business on the list and quit
worrying about this nonsense?

I was going to ride the 2 hours down to Tucson to see the show.....I am not
sure if it is going to be worth it now....this just seems so silly.

I once asked this list if meteorites were a worthwhile investment for people
who were tired of the stock market and had money to burn. Almost EVERYONE at
that time said NO, the price fluctuates, the supply is limited and that it
just wasn't a good idea. I bought 400 grams of Brahin from Ivan when it was
a deal to get it around $3-4 a gram. I sold some of it....I also have half
of it sitting here....I haven't yelled or complained to or about IVAN as he
routinely dumps specimens on ebay for less than a dollar. I know that
someday it will go up....maybe not.
Seems to me if you spend a dollar on a meteorite, you may make more, you may
make less, JUST LIKE ANY OTHER INVESTMENT. I do not think that anyone cares
what anyone says the price should be on any particular meteorite, IF SOMEONE
WANTS TO PAY TOO MUCH THAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN ANYWAY.
My wife and I sell collectibles on Ebay, we routinely have bidders pay way
too much for items and we routinely buy items that barely make any money
when they should sell for hundreds. That my friends is free market and
capitalism at its best. Do we tell those people that pay too much for an
item that they did....OF COURSE NOT, do we whine when we lose our ass on an
item....OF COURSE NOT.

I guess I am rambling and I apologize. It just seems to me that everyone
should realize that we will not all always agree. If someone wants to say
that something should cost more...so be it. If someone wants to say that
there are none of a particular specimen left...so be it.

Please lets just get on with the regular business of the list.

Thanks for reading this far....if it doesn't make any sense, I apologize,
but at least it is consistent with what has been here lately.

Mark M.