[meteorite-list] More on the July 4, Ukranian event

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:00:06 2004

Just passing along the latest "update":

------------------------------
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 21:15:44 +0400
From: "Andrei Ol'khovatov" <olkhov_at_mail.ru>
Subject: (meteorobs) More on the July 4, Ukranean
event

Dear All,

Today I was able to make a lot of contacts in Ukraine
regarding the July 4, 2002 Israel airliner incident
associated with alleged missile launch or meteorite
fall, or...?
Here is the summary:
1) No meteorites were discovered.
2) Currently authorities seems to be satisfied that
"it was not a missile",
and are not interested to investigate further.
2) A witness in a village Khoroshee (alleged place of
the fall) who saw the luminous event describes it and
accompanying phenomenon so intriguing, that currently
I prefer to abstain going into details, before more
investigation will be done.
Several Ukranean science-associated officials,
mass-media and me decided to try conduct further
investigation of the event, until we could understand
"what it was".

Best wishes,
Andrei Ol'khovatov

The archive and Web site for "Meteorobs" list is at
http://www.meteorobs.org